As Father’s Day quickly approaches, it’s the perfect time to reflect on memories with our families and specifically our fathers. Father figures come in many forms. Biological fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, family friends, and mentors throughout various arenas of your life – the paternal bond you share with these influencers holds a special place in your heart.
At Senior Living Management communities, we find special ways to celebrate the fathers and grandfathers among our residents. On Father’s Day our senior living communities bring together resident fathers and grandfathers with special meals, BBQs and activities for the whole family. We encourage families to visit their fathers, grandfathers, uncles and loved ones on these special holidays as a reminder of your love and support.
Ideas for Celebrating Father’s Day at Senior Living Communities
- If your father or grandfather is in good health take him out for lunch, a movie, or a family BBQ
- Bring old photo albums and mementos from home that are meaningful for dad
- For families out of the area, arrange to Skype with your loved one, if their senior living community offers this technology
- If you can’t make it for a visit, call your father or grandfather to catch up
- Go for a leisurely walk around the property with your loved one
- Inquire with your loved one’s specific senior living community for planned Father’s Day activities for your family to participate in
Father’s Day gifts are thoughtful and often a memorable part of family traditions. Due to the smaller size of your father or grandfather’s residence at their senior living community, larger gifts may not fit best, or be the most useful, in their new home. Most frequently, our residents desire time spent with their families and loved ones more than gifts. Father’s Day allows residents to catch up with their families, spend time with their grandchildren and children, and lift their spirits.
This Father’s Day, honor and thank the father figures in your life by spending quality time with them. A father’s love needs to be treasured, remembered and shared with those closest to you. Contact your loved one’s senior living community for more information about location specific Father’s Day celebrations.